We are all told from an early age to take care of our teeth. Our parents encouraged us to brush twice a day and if possible to floss. Generally, we listened to our parents and Australians on the whole, have good healthy teeth. However, sometimes the unexpected happens and we lose our teeth, not through tooth decay, but due to an accident while out with friends or working. Thankfully, when we lose a tooth there is help at hand in the shape of dental implants and we will discuss the many benefits of dental implants in this article.
- Like The Real Thing – Dental implants are the closest things we have to natural teeth. They are strong like our own natural teeth and they last a very long time. Their purpose is to replace a lost tooth and when they are in place, they feel, look and work like a normal tooth would. If you decide to go for other options, like dentures or bridges, then you are leaving yourself open to all manner of things, like the deterioration of bone, which will affect your natural smile, how you talk, and may not allow you to eat the way you always have.
- Lasts A Life Time – If you do consider a bridge, you need to know that the life of such a thing, is only about ten years, tops. After that, it is going to need to be replaced and those costs over time, will surely mount up into a tidy sum. Implants, on the other hand, will last you a lifetime and apart from a few adjustments throughout their life, once you take care of them as you would your natural teeth, you are going to enjoy the use of them for a very long time.
- Instills Confidence – When you get removable dentures or tooth-supported replacement teeth there is always the worry that they are going to come loose at the most inopportune time. Getting dental implants in Canberra, means that you don’t have to feel uncomfortable in public or that your smile doesn’t look the same, as it always did. Dental implants give you the confidence to live your life the same every day, and you don’t need to be worried about them falling out, when you are talking, eating or laughing.
- A Natural Smile – If you decide not to replace your broken tooth or teeth, then your face will change shape, but dental implants allow you to keep the natural shape of the face and keep your original smile. Dental implants also protect your jawbone, because the empty spaces that are left in your mouth due to lack of teeth, leads to health issues like the deterioration of your jawbone. Dental implants saves, and encourages, natural bone growth.
- Easy Maintenance – Dental implants mean that you don’t have to have a container at the side of the bed where you have to put your dentures. Teeth belong in the mouth and implants provide you with this natural and long lasting alternative. You just go ahead and brush, floss and generally take care of your teeth as you normally would, and this will also take care of your dentures.
Be sure to pick the right implant dentist when you decide to take this smart step. Make sure that they are properly accredited so you have the piece of mind you need.