For most people, dealing with tooth loss is very difficult. However, it doesn’t come as a surprise since you need to go through a lot of challenges from the beginning of the process. Incomplete set of teeth or having no teeth may make you feel depressed and avoid social events. Moreover, you may have to follow a strict diet and stop eating your favorite food. You may also find it difficult or uncomfortable to strike a conversation with your friends or colleagues. Fortunately, you don’t have to go through all this your entire life. Dentures are the perfect solution for tooth loss. Full dentures are used when all teeth are missing.
Complete or full dentures can either be immediate or conventional. Conventional dentures are prepared after removing all the teeth and gum tissue has started to heal, it will take approximately 8-12 weeks for the placement of conventional dentures after the removal of teeth. Unlike conventional full dentures, immediate dentures are kept ready in advance, and can be fixed as soon as all the teeth are removed. Here, the patient need not be without teeth during the healing period. However, the adjusting time is more for immediate dentures than conventional dentures.
Benefits of Choosing Full Dentures
- Fresh start: For people who have had dental problems and lost all their teeth, full dentures can be a whole new start. You’ll be provided with beautiful, comfortable, and natural looking new set of teeth. Dentures will have a positive effect on one’s physical as well as psychological health and is a great way to boost self-confidence.
- Freedom to eat what you want: With the increasing age, gums can frazzle and increase sensitivity. This will cause pain when you eat certain kind of food. However, dentures resolve this problem as your false teeth are not actually connected to any nerve.
- Prevents facial muscles from sagging: If you do not have teeth in your jaws, your cheeks may not have required support to combat the gravitational force. With the absence of teeth, cheeks sink downwards or inwards and make your facial muscles sag. In this case, full dentures provide all the support to retain younger looking shape and texture.
- Comfortable: Dentures are made according to the specific measurements of your mouth. Dentists will use molds to take the exact measurements of your teeth, gums, and jaw. Every denture is unique and measurement specific. Hence, you’ll get the most comfortable and fitting dentures possible. After fitting, your dentist will fix the minute issues if any.
- Healthy lifestyle: If you do not have healthy set of teeth, it will be harder for you to consume healthier foods like vegetables and some raw fruits. However, with the help of full dentures, you can chew properly and avail required nutrition.
- Makes you look confident: From an aesthetic prospective, dentures can greatly improve your external appearance. Focusing on teeth and a makeover will make you look good and improve your self-confidence. Along with being aligned, straighter than the original teeth and filling gaps, dentures can be made brighter and whiter than your original teeth.
Materials Used for Full Dentures
Full dentures are made using a wide range of materials. These include wax, spatulas, adhesives, molding compounds, casting ovens, trays, torch, and more. Finished dentures composed of the following:
- A base for complete denture, acrylic resin.
- Porcelain or acrylic denture to imitate original teeth.
- Sometimes, a cast metal base is used as a part of denture base.
Dentures are perfect for preserving natural look even after you lose your teeth due to decaying, ageing, or any accidents. Dentures last as long as 30 years or more. Their longevity depends on everyday maintenance.