This infection is result of development of fungi or yeast named Candida albicans. In the medical parlance it is also called as Candida. It is developed in the vaginal area but can develop in areas under the breasts, nails beds, dentures and many other areas. With the passage of time the number of the yeast develops which can lead to many health issues. Not only that if one keeps it ignoring, the situation can worsen with every passing day and hence it is much important to cure it timely.
There are many factors which can lead to vaginal infection. Some of them are:
- By the use of oral contraceptives
- Use of steroids
- Chronic health conditions
Other than all those mentioned above, there’re many other factors that can contribute in getting a vaginal yeast infection.
There are many women out there who are prone to the infection just after their menopause because of the decrease in the estrogen level.
If you are experiencing yeast infection for the first time, it is very important to get it diagnosed as vaginal infection as its symptoms are very similar to the other bacterial infections. Some of the signs and symptoms of vaginal yeast infection includes:
- Swelling in and around the affected area.
- Odorless white discharge
- Discomfort during intercourse
- Burning sensation
And after getting your vaginal infection diagnosed, there are many ways to tackle it. Some of them are as follows:
Garlic is a popular herb which is known for its various health benefits. Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal and antibiotic properties which are used to treat yeast infection.
Ways to use it:
- Topical application: Make a paste out of Garlic cloves and apply it on the affected area. If your skin is too sensitive, it is important to dilute the paste and then apply it on the affected area.
- Oral treatment: Another way to treat the vaginal infection is to eat a couple of garlic cloves daily. It is very beneficial for the body as it has many health benefits and helps in side lining the vaginal infection.
Yogurt has many health benefits because of the bacteria present in it called “Lactobacillus acidophilus”. Also referred to as good bacteria, helps in controlling the over growing of the yeasts inside the vagina which is usually caused because of the imbalance.
Ways to use it:
- You can topically apply the yogurt on the affected area and keep it for 20-30 minutes. This is known to fix the uncomfortable itching situation around the affected areas. You can also keep it over night or better results.
- You can include yogurt in your daily diet. Hence, having yogurt daily can fight the yeast growing inside the vagina.
- You can also dip a tampon in the yogurt and then insert it inside the vagina for few hours. Doing this daily twice a day can help relieve the vagina form the infection.
Cranberries are popular for its antifungal and antibacterial properties. Other than fighting the yeast infections, it is also use to clear the urinary tract and bladder infections
Ways to use it:
- Unsweetened cranberry juice if taken religiously several times can help reduce the yeast infection in a couple of days.
- Unsweetened cranberry juice if not available because of whatever reason can be replaced by cranberry tablets which are easily available at medical stores. One must take these tablets several times in a day in order to fight the vaginal fungal infection.
With some of the above remedies one can get control on the development of yeast as well as infection in a short period also.